Safe, Sound, and Secure
As a family-owned community bank, we take our role and responsibility in our communities very seriously. We understand that you, as business owners, as families, as community organizations, depend on us and put a lot of trust in us.
As the banking news out of California and New York continues to make headlines, we want you to know that those are unique and unusual circumstances. Silicon Valley Bank was heavily connected to the tech sector, not being well-diversified, which made it vulnerable to the booms and busts of that sector. Less than 10% of its deposits were insured as they were very large deposits. This is a stark difference from Unity Bank. We are significantly more diversified across agriculture, local business, and personal sectors.
Here are some things we feel are important for you to know:
- As a community bank, Unity Bank remains well capitalized and well positioned to continue to serve our customers and communities. We were chartered 140 years ago and expect to serve our communities for generations to come.
- As a community bank customer, you have access to our experienced team, and we stand ready to assist you at all times with any of your questions or concerns.
- As a community bank, we take pride in our relationship-based business model focused on building long-term trust with our customers. After all, we live in your community too, and your success is our success.
- Nobody has ever lost a dime of FDIC-insured deposits up to $250,000. For those customers who have questions about whether additional insurance coverage is needed, we are ready and prepared to assist you in identifying whether additional insurance coverage is necessary and ensuring your deposit needs are met.
- If you have questions about your coverage, or would like to learn more about FDIC insurance and how it works, we encourage you to access the following resources or give us a call directly at 877-889-6847.
Understanding Deposit Insurance.
Calculate your FDIC Deposit Insurance using EDIE the Estimator