Unity Bank Mobile Deposit Terms & Conditions
Mobile Deposit allows you to make deposits of the electronic image of a check (“item”) to your eligible “consumer” accounts by capturing an electronic image of the item using your mobile device and submitting images to us for processing. All items received through Mobile Deposit will be treated as deposits of checks under the Deposit Account Agreement.
- Eligible Items
- You agree to deposit only images that originated as paper checks, and no third‐party or electronic checks may be deposited using Mobile Deposit.
- You must keep your email address updated within the Internet Banking system.
- You will properly endorse the item as stated in Section 4.
- You may not deposit items into your account that you do not have authority to.
- After an item is deposited using Mobile Deposit you will not redeposit or transfer the original item.
- Once submitted you are solely responsible for the storage and destruction of the original item as stated in Section 6.
- The electronic image of the item will become the legal representation of the item for all purposes.
- The item we receive must accurately and legibly represent all information on the front and back of the original item.
- You will promptly provide us with a written notice of any claim you receive regarding our Mobile Deposit service.
- Restrictions and Limitations
You agree NOT to use Mobile Deposit to deposit the following items:
- Items payable to any person or entity other than you
- Items drawn on a financial institution located outside of the United States
- Items containing obvious alteration to any of the fields on the front of the item
- Items you suspect or know are fraudulent
- Image Quality
The image of an item transmitted using Mobile Deposit must be legible and clear. It must not be altered. It must capture all four corners of the item and all pertinent information on the front and back of the item. Image quality must comply with industry requirements established and updated by the ANSI, Federal Reserve Board and any other regulatory agency. You authorize us to convert items to IRDs or transmit them as an image. We reserve the right at our sole discretion to reject any image for deposit using Mobile Deposit. We will notify you of any rejected items.
You agree to properly endorse all items captured and submitted using the Mobile Deposit service. This should include a signature(s) from the named payee(s). In addition to the signature, the endorsement must include: “For Mobile Deposit Only”. This will help prevent a duplicate deposit being made.
- Processing Time and Availability of Funds
We may return or refuse to accept all or any part of a deposit to your account using this service at any time and will not be liable for doing so even if such action causes outstanding checks or other debits to your account to be dishonored or returned. Images of items transmitted by you are not considered received by us until they have posted to your account. You will be notified if a deposit is rejected. Items submitted before 3:00 PM Central Time on a Business Day will be deposited the next Business Day. Items submitted after 3:00 PM Central Time or on a non‐ Business Day will be deposited within 2 Business Days. Funds deposited using Mobile Deposit will be made available to you in accordance with the Bank’s Funds Availability Disclosure. The Funds Availability Disclosure can be found in the Deposit Account Agreement.
- Disposal of Transmitted Items
You are responsible for retaining each original item in a safe and secure environment. You will store the original item and take appropriate measures to ensure they are not deposited a second time. You will provide any retained original item to us as requested to aid in the clearing and collection process within 5 Business Days. After fifteen (15) days following transmittal to us you agree to mark the item as “VOID” and properly dispose of it (ex. Shred) to ensure it is not presented for deposit again.
- Deposit Limits
For security reasons there are limits on Mobile Deposit Deposits. You agree your deposits using Mobile Deposit will not exceed the limitations, and may be changed at the bank’s discretion or at your request.
- Payment Limit $2,500.00
- The maximum single item amount a user may deposit through Mobile Deposit.
- Daily Limit $2,500.00
- Maximum cumulative amount a depositor may deposit in a single day through Mobile Deposit. The cumulative total for all accounts will apply towards this limit.
- Payment Limit $2,500.00
- Eligibility, Termination and Changes
- You must meet the eligibility requirements in order to use Mobile Deposit. We have the right to suspend or terminate the Mobile Deposit Service at any time if you or your account(s) do not meet our eligibility requirements or if you are in violation of these terms, the Internet Banking agreement or Deposit Account Agreement. We reserve the right to change the Mobile Deposit Service at any time without notice to you.
You agree to promptly review each account statement and notify us of any errors. All deposits made through the Mobile Deposit Service will be deemed correct, unless you notify us of any errors to your deposits. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold us harmless from and against any claims, losses, liability, cost and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising from your use of the Mobile Deposit Service. This obligation survives termination of these terms.