We continue to be open for business in a number of ways!
- Our drive-thru and walk-up services are available during our normal business hours. See times below for each location.
- Our Customer Care Team is available to all customers! 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday & 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Saturday - Give us a call at (877) 889-6847!
- Online and mobile banking services are available 24/7.
- Services are available through phone, our website, and online.
- Our bankers are available by appointment at a location of your convenience or in our bank offices or lobby.
- Updates on any changes can be viewed here!
ALL BANK LOBBIES ARE TEMPORARILY CLOSED – EFFECTIVE MARCH 24th
Unity Bank holds the safety of our employees and our customers as top priority. Therefore, effective Tuesday March 24th, access to our bank lobbies is being suspended temporarily as a measure to protect our customers and employees from exposure to COVID-19.
It is important to note we can and will continue to meet our customers’ banking needs for all services and products through this time.
ACTIONS WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TAKE
- Our ATMs and night deposit boxes are available 24/7. The drive-up and walk up services are available at many convenient locations during our normal hours.
- You may call your branch location for specific questions or to request an appointment or alternative meeting options.
- The Unity Bank Customer Care Team is ready to assist you via phone from 7:30 am – 5:00 pm Monday – Friday at (877) 889-6847.
- All customers have access to our online services 24/7. These services allow you to safely view transactions, check balances, make payments, deposit checks and more – all from the comfort of your home. If need any assistance in using these services contact us for help.
- If you have not enrolled in online access, please take a few minutes to do so now. Enroll Now.
- Utilize debit cards when available. When handling cash and coin, take precaution and wash hands afterwards. The World Health Organization has stated that the COVID-19 virus can survive on hard surfaces (coins) for days.
- Any customers who are facing hardships due to COVID-19 should contact your banker or lender to discuss your situation.
- Please protect yourself and beware of fraudulent scams. Many criminals prey on these crisis situations and look for vulnerable consumers.
We are continuously monitoring the latest developments regarding COVID-19 and will continue to take precautions as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Wisconsin / Minnesota Departments of Health. We do encourage all our customers who need more information and resources to view the CDC Website.
We appreciate the trust that you place in Unity Bank. We will continue to serve the financial needs of our communities through this challenging time. Please contact us if you have any questions.